Monday, May 20, 2013

India Wildlife Safari Tours


One of my goals during this most recent trip to India was to see a tiger.  Sounds like a crazy goal I know, but I am fascinated by these creatures.  Powerful and elegant, fearsome and beautiful, they speak to me for some reason.  I've been fortunate enough to have gone on several safaris in my life so far, all spectacular, but none put me face to face with a tiger.  When I planned this last trip, I made sure to include the chance to spot one.  [Enquiry Now]

Pench National Park is home to a rich variety of wildlife and endangered species that can roam the acreage at the foot of the Satpura range.  A number of streams flow through this teak and bamboo forest  that create the backdrop for not only the tiger you see above (yes, I finally saw one) but antelope, leopards, jungle cats and striped hyenas.  It's also respite for over 200 species of birds, some of which you saw here.  [Enquiry Now]



 It really is this lush and teeming with wildlife.




For two nights I called this part of the world my home.  Staying at the Baghvan Pench Jungle Lodge was really the highlight of the trip.  Set at the outskirts of park, guests are treated to some pretty spectacular amenities at the end of their day.  My choice of where to sleep was an enclosed room but the lodge can provide covered platforms for indulgent nights sleeping under the stars.  Quite the way to do a sleep out I'd say.   [Enquiry Now]

The Lobby


Dining area 




Oh, and to give you a true sense of how magical this place is, the tiger reserve was inspiration for Rudyard Kipling's, "The Jungle Book".   I think I need to check back in with Mowgli and his adventures.  His story will have a whole different meaning. [Enquiry Now]
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment